If you’re interested by pursuing a podcast selling method to connect to millennial or Gen Z consumers then again don’t appear to be certain if the most efficient choices exist in your company, check out this tick list of podcast promoting stats.
With the ones tactics, you’ll have the ability to decide podcasters with a price-point and target audience purpose this is good in your brand. Then, you’ll have the ability to art work with them and leverage their enjoy by way of sponsoring the content material subject material they’ve made. Alternatively, you want to moreover create an area ad that aligns with their discussion topics.
We will be able to quilt podcasting’s biggest promoting and advertising choices, where podcasting is headed, and the demographics who monitor in necessarily probably the most.
Table of Contents:
Podcasts and Selling
- In 2022, 82% of marketers plan to continue investing the same quantity or build up their investment in podcasts or other audio content material subject material. (HubSpot)
- Podcast ad spending is expected to hit $1.74 billion this 12 months. (Statista)
- 39% of Wisdom Generation companies plan to leverage podcast selling in 2022. (HubSpot)
- The average podcast ad slot costs between $10 to $50, with additional most sensible fee fees for presentations with most sensible listenership. (HubSpot)
- 18% of U.S.-based companies plan to leverage podcasts and audio content material subject material in their promoting and advertising strategies. (HubSpot)
- 54% of podcast shoppers say that they’re a lot more prone to believe the producers they listen advertised on podcasts. (Edison Analysis)
- 38% of marketers operating for retail companies say podcast selling is the media channel with the most important ROI. (HubSpot)
- Podcast selling income is expected to head $2 billion in 2022. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
- In 2021, there were over 2 million vigorous podcasts. (Podcast Insights)
- By the use of April 2021, there were over 48 million podcast episodes. (Podcast Insights)
- Monthly podcast listeners grew by way of 6.1% to 125 million listeners in 2022. (eMarketer)
- 73% of Americans age 12 and up have listened to podcasts in the past month. (Buzzsprout)
- Between 2021 and 2022, the collection of folks over the age of 12 inside the U.S. who listened to podcasts higher from 57% to 62%. (Edison Analysis)
- Roughly 79% of folks over the age of 12 inside the U.S. are conscious about podcasts. (Edison Analysis)
- 53% of podcast listeners are men. (Edison Analysis)
- 41% of millennials take note of podcasts weekly. (Jam Side road Media)
- 53% of men and 46% of ladies take note of podcasts in 2022. (Edison Analysis)
- 66% of podcast listeners have a college degree and an average income of $75,000 in line with 12 months. (Buzzsprout)
- The biggest build up in podcast listenership in the past 12 months has come from those inside the 12-to-34 age staff. (Edison Analysis)
Podcast Listener Behaviors
- 38% of folks take note of podcasts monthly while 26% of folks take note of podcasts weekly. (Edison Analysis)
- While 49% of podcast listeners monitor in from space, 22% listen inside the car. (Podcast Insights)
- Roughly 30% of folks learn about podcasts from online search while about 20% of listeners say they listen about them from other friends or word of mouth. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcast listeners are a lot more prone to possess a smart speaker. (Buzzsprout)
- Podcasts are the number one audio provide by way of time of consumption among podcast listeners. (Edison Analysis)
- 50% of podcast Super Listeners agree that podcast ads are one of the vital highest tactics to achieve them. (Edison Analysis)
- Millennials and Gen Z are 5% a lot more prone to pay attention podcasts for professional reasons than older generations. (EX-IQ)
- Roughly 50% of shopper supplier reps have listened to a podcast at art work. (EX-IQ)
- While 39.2% of people who take note of podcasts a minimum of monthly listen by way of Apple Podcasts, 26.4% use Spotify. (Buzzsprout)
- More than a part of millennials take note of educational podcasts. (EX-IQ)
- 62% of podcast listeners say they might be a lot more prone to share podcasts with friends within the match that they have got been in a position to share one temporary segment or highlight of it, fairly than an entire episode. (EX-IQ)
- In 2021, dynamic ad insertion accounted for 84% of podcast selling income. 40% of podcast ads were host-read. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
- The amount of branded content material subject material in podcasts higher by way of near to 82% between 2020 and 2021. (Chartable)
- In 2021, 55% of podcast ads were 16 to 30 seconds. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
- More than 38% of podcast advertisements are presented and acquired on a quarterly basis. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Report)
- Near to 94% of podcasters charge for ads with cost-per-mille pricing. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
- NPR notes that 75% of its podcast listeners will answer or take movement after paying attention to sponsored content material subject material. (Nationwide Public Media)
- Pre-roll ads higher in income share from 22% in 2020 to 32% in 2021. (IAB Podcast Advert Earnings Document)
Making an allowance for podcast selling?
As you’ll have seen from the stats above, podcasting is emerging in recognition — in particular among younger generations. And while it’s continuously thought to be a kind of “recreational,” podcast content material subject material will also be extraordinarily versatile.
For example, despite the fact that millennials or Gen Z take note of podcasts that serve as interviews with massive celebrities, they’re going to moreover listen carefully to smaller presentations that train them about new characteristics or knowledge that is affecting their life or profession.
Because of there are such a large amount of podcasts, and such a large amount of listeners with buying imaginable, you must need to believe podcast sponsorships for your longer term selling plan.