YouTube has professional explosive enlargement as it was once as soon as based in an workplace storage in 2005 and has since opened up avenues for producers and content material subject material creators alike.
Check out the ones 2022 YouTube stats regarding the platform’s cell usage, demographics, subscriber enlargement, ROI, and history.
- Content material
- ROI and Utilization
- Subscriber Enlargement
- Historical past
YouTube Stats Every Video Marketer Should Know in 2022
Commonplace YouTube Stats
- Over 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube each and every minute. (Statista)
- Over one billion hours of movies are watched on YouTube each day.
- “Child Shark Dance” by way of Pinkfong Youngsters’ Songs & Stories is largely essentially the most watched video on YouTube, with over 11 billion views since 2016.
- YouTube has greater than 2 billion customers.
- In line with a custom designed Nielsen meta-analysis, a full-funnel YouTube method drives 10% higher ROI compared to awareness selling on my own. (Suppose with Google)
- A modern learn about shows that YouTube advertisers see Awareness formats the usage of 28% of their conversion assists. (Suppose with Google)
- 75% of other people surveyed say selling in YouTube films makes them additional conscious about new producers or products,1 while 70% of them say they bought a logo as a result of seeing it on YouTube (Suppose with Google)
- A 2021 Google learn about found out that on affordable, YouTube full-funnel advertisers see their awareness campaigns drive reach that is 75% additional incremental than their movement campaigns. (Suppose with Google)
- 51% of U.S./UK consumers use YouTube to investigate or to search out products to buy. (GWI)
YouTube Content material subject material Stats
- 65% of Gen Z agree that content material subject material that’s for my part associated with them is additional crucial than the content material subject material that a lot of folks speak about. (YouTube)
- There were more than 65 billion views of films related to ASMR in 2021. (YouTube)
- 76% of Gen Z agree that YouTube has necessarily essentially the most content material subject material that allows them to deeply uncover topics they’re desirous about. (YouTube)
- 82% of Gen Z have used YouTube to watch content material subject material so as to in reality really feel nostalgic. (YouTube)
- 83% of Gen Z have used YouTube to watch soothing content material subject material this is serving to them relax. (YouTube)
- 78% of other people agree that they use YouTube because it serves them with content material subject material that’s for my part associated with them. (YouTube)
ROI and Usage by way of Marketers
- YouTube channels with 100K-1M lovers have the most efficient engagement rate. (Influencer Advertising Hub)
- On most social platforms, engagement fees usually development down as follower depend grows. On YouTube, the opposite is correct. The average engagement rate on YouTube for content material subject material creators with over 1 million lovers is 4.06% while the everyday rate for those with 1K to 5K lovers is perfect 2.04%. (Influencer Advertising Hub)
- 77% of video marketers use YouTube to host films. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- When asked which social media platform presented the most efficient engagement rate, 500+ marketers ranked YouTube second perfect. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- YouTube is largely essentially the most widely-used platform among video marketers used by 88%. (Wyzowl)
- 56% of marketers surveyed in 2022 say YouTube supplies the most important ROI, rating #2 at the back of Instagram. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- Marketers plan to invest necessarily essentially the most in YouTube in 2022. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 27% of marketers surveyed in a Video Promoting File say they plan on investing in sharing films on YouTube more than any other platform. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- YouTube ranks second perfect in generating leads when sharing promoting and advertising films at the back of Instagram. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 44% of influencers leveraged YouTube for their campaigns in 2021, up 8% from 2021. (Influencer Advertising Hub)
YouTube Mobile Stats
- 21.2% of the global website online guests on YouTube in 2021 were given right here from cell units. (Statista)
- More than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from cell units.
- In Q2 of 2021, cell units accounted for 63% of YouTube viewing time world. (Statista)
- In 2020, YouTube was once as soon as the fourth most well liked IOS app after ZOOM, TikTok, and Disney+.
- in December 2021, 72% of respondents aged 18 to 34 years used their smartphones to watch online video content material subject material weekly. (Statista)
YouTube Demographics Stats
- Millennials believe YouTube more than any other era. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 81% of U.S. adults say they use YouTube in 2021, up 8% from 2019. (Pew Analysis)
- YouTube attracts necessarily essentially the most visitors from India, america, and Indonesia. (Statista)
- YouTube is the second most visited internet website online on this planet. (Hootsuite)
- 82% of U.S. adults who decide as male report the usage of YouTube. (Pew Analysis)
- YouTube is to be had in additional than 100 international locations.
- YouTube is available in 80 languages.
YouTube Subscriber Expansion Stats
- YouTubers collectively earned a record-breaking $300 million in 2021, up 40% from the previous 12 months. (Forbes)
- T-Assortment, a Hindi tune channel, is the most well liked YouTube channel with 171 million subscribers, followed by way of PewDiePie with 109 million subscribers.
- The most popular branded YouTube channel is LEGO, which has over 10.04 billion views. (Statista)
YouTube Usage Stats
- YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine. (Seek Engine Magazine)
- Target audience are 4 cases a lot more most probably to use YouTube to hunt out information about a logo, product, or supplier (versus other platforms). (YouTube Advertisements)
- YouTube is the moment maximum visited web site at the back of Google.
- YouTube consumers collectively watch over 1 billion hours of content material day by day.
- Nearly all of the preferred YouTube movies are tune films.
- 70% of target audience say that YouTube makes them additional conscious about new producers. (YouTube Advertisements)
- Target audience say they’re two occasions as possibly to buy something they spotted on YouTube. (YouTube Advertisements)
YouTube History Stats
- “YouTube.com” was once as soon as activated on February 14, 2005.
- “Me at the zoo” was once as soon as the primary video uploaded to YouTube on April 25, 2005.
- Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion on October 9, 2006.
- YouTube introduced InVideo advertisements in December 2007.
- YouTube streamed the USA presidential debates for the main time in 2012.
- One of the most youngest a good fortune YouTubers is Ryan ToysReview, who’s a 8-year-old boy who makes $22 million a 12 months and has 22 million subscribers.
- The music “Gangnam Style” which surged in reputation in 2014 broke the video’s view counter.
- The first YouTube video to achieve 1 million perspectives was once as soon as a 2005 Nike ad that comes with football superstar, Ronaldinho.
- The YouTube video that won essentially the most perspectives in 24 hours is BTS’s “Dynamite” song video, which attracted 101.1 million views in in the future.
- The maximum favored video on YouTube is the tune video for the music “Despacito” by way of Luis Fonsi that comes with Daddy Yankee, with over 49 million likes.
- YouTube’s private YouTube Rewind 2018 video is essentially the most disliked video at the platform. It has received over 19 million dislikes and owns an 86.60% dislike percentage.
Editor’s follow: This post was once as soon as at first revealed in February 2019 and has been up to the moment for comprehensiveness.