WordPress runs on PHP, so as a WordPress developer, it’s crucial to grasp the PHP functions enabled on the server that hosts your site(s).
Do you need to organize a plugin or configure an tool on a WordPress site and are wondering if a certain PHP function or library is enabled for your server (e.g. cURL)?
In this instructional, we’ll show you a quick and blank way to find enabled PHP functions for your server using the
phpinfo() function in WordPress. We moreover provide a whole glossary of the ones PHP functions for reference, and that can assist you upper understand the backend of your WordPress web pages.
This rapid instructional covers the following:
- What’s phpinfo()?
- The best way to To find Enabled PHP Purposes On Your Server The usage of phpinfo()
- PHP Purposes Thesaurus
phpinfo() function is a built-in PHP function that provides a longer document of detailed information about the PHP arrange and configuration settings for your server, along with all of the loaded extensions.
phpinfo() is referred to as and performed, it generates a whole HTML internet web page that presentations quite a lot of facets of the PHP setting, along with PHP style, extensions, directives, setting variables, and additional.
phpinfo() function outputs knowledge in a tabular construction, making it blank to navigate and understand the PHP configuration. This knowledge lets you leverage the available functions for your website online internet hosting setting and optimize your WordPress construction process.
The ideas displayed by way of
phpinfo() can be labeled into different sections that supply specific details about a selected aspect of the PHP setting.
Some not unusual knowledge you’ll be capable of find using
1. PHP style: The style of PHP running on the server.
2. Configuration settings: Moderately numerous settings and directives defined inside the PHP configuration document (php.ini).
3. Extensions: A list of loaded PHP extensions and their configurations.
4. Surroundings variables: Server setting variables and their values.
5. PHP variables: Information about predefined PHP variables, harking back to `$_SERVER`, `$_GET`, `$_POST`, and so forth.
6. HTTP headers: HTTP request and response headers.
For a list of all PHP functions enabled for your server, see the instructional beneath.
phpinfo()with caution. While it provides valuable knowledge for construction and troubleshooting purposes, it’ll need to not be left available on a producing server. After obtaining the vital knowledge, we propose removing or commenting out the
phpinfo()function title for protection purposes.
- In case you most simple need to know which style of PHP your server is just lately running, you’ll be capable of skip the instructional beneath and simply transfer to the Internet internet hosting > Evaluation tab in The Hub.
The easiest way to To search out Enabled PHP Functions On Your Server Using phpinfo()
Via following the steps outlined in this instructional, you will learn how to merely retrieve a list of knowledge showing all of the enabled PHP functions and extensions for your server.
For this instructional, we’ll show you the right way to get admission to the document of PHP functions for a WordPress site organize on WPMU DEV website hosting. Practice that different website online internet hosting environments may use different tools and learn the way to turn this data. Achieve out in your website online internet hosting toughen whilst you’ve were given any questions or need be in agreement.
Step 1: Get right of entry to your WordPress site’s knowledge
To begin, you need so to get admission to the WordPress site’s knowledge stored for your server. You’ll be capable of do this each by way of FTP or using our Record Supervisor tool.
Step 2: Create a PHP document
Next, create a PHP document using a text editor and add the
phpinfo() function confirmed beneath:
You are able to name this PHP document the remainder you prefer. Inside the example beneath, we’ve named the document ‘knowledge.php’ (apply: steer clear of using an present filename found out on the root folder of your WordPress set as much as forestall overwriting the original document).
Save your PHP document and close your text editor.
Step 3: Upload the document in your server
To find the basis list of your WordPress arrange, where the primary knowledge like wp-config.php and index.php are located, and upload your document to this folder.
As mentioned earlier, you are able to do this merely using our Report Manager tool.
Step 4: Get right of entry to the phpinfo() output
Open your WordPress site in a web browser and enter the URL of the uploaded PHP document to generate a PHP function file.
You’ll have to see the PHP knowledge displayed. The output will contain detailed information about the PHP configuration, along with all enabled functions for your server.
Step 5: To find the enabled PHP functions
Scroll down the
phpinfo() output to find a specific function. Maximum regularly, you will find a document of all enabled PHP functions along side their respective settings and configurations inside the phase labeled “Core.”
That’s all there could also be to it!
Consult with the Word list phase beneath if you want to have to look up any of the needs listed in your generated PHP function file .
Word list of PHP Functions
This glossary provides a list of quite a lot of PHP functions and their systems. Feel free to bookmark this internet web page and use it as a quick reference knowledge to better understand the backend of your WordPress web pages.
This function provides with setting up PHP to artwork with the Internet server and to stipulate settings within your PHP scripts.
- bcmath – This module permits arbitrary precision mathematics in PHP.
- calendar – This function of PHP shall we in conversions between quite a lot of calendar formats.
- cgi-fcgi – Command for PHP when run in CGI or FastCGI mode.
The ones are fundamental PHP functions and classes that form the core of the PHP language.
- ctype – A library of PHP that tests if the information type of a variable is a valid personality sort.
- curl – Used for transferring wisdom with URLs and is the backbone of a few functions in PHP.
- date – A number of functions that can help you retrieve or construction the local or GMT date and time in PHP.
- dom – A PHP extension that provides an impressive, tough DOM (File Object Taste) XML API.
- exif – PHP function used to artwork with image metadata.
- FFI – Out of the country Function Interface is an extension that provides a clean way to title native functions, get admission to native variables, and create/get admission to wisdom constructions defined in C libraries.
- fileinfo – A PHP extension that permits you to identify a document’s mime sort.
- filter – This function filters wisdom by way of each validating or sanitizing it which aids in securing a PHP tool.
- ftp – FTP PHP functions be in agreement establish a connection to a distant FTP server, a the most important part of document sharing.
- gd – A library used for dynamic image creation.
- gettext – An extension aimed at the internationalization of PHP scripts by way of providing translation toughen.
- gmp – This is a PHP extension for arbitrary precision mathematics.
- hash – This function is used to generate a hash value from a string.
- iconv – Provides an interface to the GNU iconv library, which provides conversion of personality devices.
- igbinary – An alternative to PHP serializer with upper capability and smaller size.
- imagick – A PHP extension that allows working with ImageMagick, an impressive device suite to create, edit, and compose photos.
- imap – This function provides an API for talking to the internet mail servers using PHP.
- intl – This extension helps to perform UCA-conformant collation and date/time/amount/foreign exchange formatting in PHP.
- json – JSON functions in PHP shall we in for encoding and deciphering JSON wisdom.
- ldap – LDAP functions connect, bind and disconnect from an LDAP list.
- libxml – A foundation library that gives a selection of APIs for manipulating XML, along with parsing XML forms and toughen for various document types like HTML.
- mbstring – A non-binary string coping with extension that provides multibyte specific string functions.
- mcrypt – Provides quite a few encryption functions.
- memcache – Memcache module provides at hand procedural and object-oriented interface to memcached, high-performance, allotted memory object caching system, generic in nature then again supposed for use in speeding up dynamic web systems by way of alleviating database load.
- memcached – An extension for interfacing with memcached by way of libmemcached library.
- msgpack – Provides an interface to msgpack.org, which is a binary-based atmosphere pleasant object serialization library.
- mysqli – A database motive force used to interact with MySQL databases.
- mysqlnd – It’s the MySQL native motive force for PHP.
- openssl – An impressive PHP function used for generating and verifying digital signatures.
- pcre – Provides functions for ‘perl-compatible commonplace expressions’.
- PDO – PHP Knowledge Pieces is a database get admission to layer providing a uniform manner of get admission to to a few databases.
- pdo_mysql – A motive force that implements the PHP Knowledge Object (PDO) interface to permit get admission to to MySQL databases.
- Phar – An archive construction combined with a runtime library to be in agreement assemble and load PHP systems bundled proper right into a single document.
- posix – Accessors to the POSIX (Unix) system calls.
- readline – Provides an interactive line enhancing options and history functions.
- redis – A PHP extension for interfacing with Redis, a over the top capability key-value storage supplier.
- Reflection – A PHP extension, shall we in inspection and reverse-engineering of PHP tactics using a process known as “reflection”.
- session – This function permits individual session regulate.
- shmop – A clean interface for getting access to shared memory segments in PHP.
- SimpleXML – An extension that simplifies the artwork of learning XML knowledge.
- cleansing cleaning soap – SoapClient is a PHP built-in elegance providing methods for sending SOAP requests and receiving SOAP responses from a URL.
- sockets – PHP socket functions can help you create and prepare neighborhood sockets, low-level neighborhood communications between servers.
- sodium – Sodium is a modern, easy-to-use device library for encryption, decryption, signatures, password hashing and additional.
- SPL – The Usual PHP Library (SPL) is a number of interfaces and classes which can be part of PHP core.
- same old – The ones are built-in functions and classes provided by way of PHP which do not rely on external dependencies or PHP extensions.
- sysvmsg – It provides an interface to Instrument V message queues.
- sysvsem – Provides get admission to to POSIX-style semaphores.
- sysvshm – Provides shared memory functions.
- tokenizer – The tokenizer functions provide an API that allows converting PHP provide code into an array of tokens.
- xml – XML (eXtensible Markup Language) Parser functions can help you parse XML forms.
- xmlreader – An extension that pulls wisdom in and pushes it once more out over again.
- xmlrpc – PHP implementation of XML-RPC protocol used in exchanging wisdom during a neighborhood.
- xmlwriter – An extension to create XML forms using a clean ‘constructor-like’ style.
- xsl – XSL is a language for expressing style sheets to turn out to be XML forms into other XML forms.
- Zend OPcache – An open-source phase that improves PHP capability by way of storing pre-compiled script bytecode in shared memory, thereby removing the will for PHP to load and parse scripts on every request.
- zip – PHP zip extension is used to be told, write, and manipulate zip archives.
- zlib – Provides get admission to to zlib compression library.
The ones are the underlying device portions or libraries that add quite a lot of functionalities to the PHP scripting language.
Eager about setting up, configuring, and managing the PHP runtime setting.
The ones are used to store wisdom which can be modified all through the execution of your script.
DIY or Use Our Support Team of workers
Finding out PHP will improve your ability to troubleshoot, adjust and optimize your WordPress site.
Hopefully, this instructional will turn out to be useful if you want to need to do a quick look up of your server’s enabled PHP functions. In truth, if your WordPress web pages are hosted with WPMU DEV, you are able to all the time reach out to our 24/7 toughen group for experienced assist at the leisure WordPress and website online internet hosting similar, or get instant answers with our AI-powered assistant.
And recreational assured, our website online internet hosting is configured to artwork with with regards to all WordPress plugins, systems, and configurations.