If you’re feeling similar to the app TikTok were given right here out of nowhere, you’re not fallacious.
Since launching in early 2018, TikTok’s been lined thru apparently each number one knowledge e-newsletter and racked up tens of hundreds of thousands of downloads globally.
Regardless of TikTok’s number one early excellent fortune, the app however turns out like just a bit of a mystery, specifically to marketers. Actually, until no longer too way back, its parent company, ByteDance, hasn’t disclosed many metrics the least bit.
In TikTok’s first 365 days, all we in point of fact knew was once that an odd-ball video app was once going viral, topping international app store charts, and gaining a huge fanbase from Gen-Z.
Despite the fact that you still aren’t fairly sure what TikTok is, you will have possibly spotted a video meme on social media that was once created and revealed inside the app first. That is one as an example of a TikTok post which went viral on Twitter:
Now THIS is a tiktok I would possibly simply watch all day pic.twitter.com/u1dBkH2OAa
— 🌸 Alexandra Daniels 🌸 (@alexdanielsxo)
July 11, 2019
When making alternatives about your social method, you’re possibly further fascinated by numbers than virality as proof of an app’s staying power.
As someone who’s gotten sucked into the app, blogged multiple cases about it, hearted numerous posts, and even made a few embarrassingly mature motion pictures of my own, I’m somewhat sure that this platform will stick spherical for fairly some time. On the other hand, fortunately, with mounting knowledge on TikTok, you don’t merely want to take my word for it.
That will help you make an expert alternatives about your method and whether or not or no longer TikTok is right kind in your emblem, I’ve compiled an inventory of 28 interesting stats and main points to clutch previous to venturing at once to the app.
29 TikTok Stats to Know in 2021
Userbase, Downloads, and Enlargement
Inside of TikTok’s first 365 days, it reportedly reached 500 million monthly active users. Wondering if this was once just a fluke or a viral building that may simmer down? Think another time. In line with TikTok and its company heads, the objective marketplace could be higher and additional promising than we predict.
- In September 2021, TikTok celebrated reaching 1 billion per thirty days full of life consumers. (TikTok)
- Musical.ly, a lip-syncing app which ByteDance purchased and merged with TikTok, reportedly had 100 million per thirty days full of life consumers when it was once purchased thru TikTok in 2018. (The Verge)
- Douyin, TikTok’s unique standalone app in China, had 300 million consumers at the time Musical.ly merged with TikTok. (The Verge)
- In 2020, TikTok was once one of the downloaded app globally (850 million downloads), followed thru WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram. (Apptopia)
- TikTok is the Top Free App inside the Recreational phase of the Apple App Store. (Apple App Store)
While TikTok’s client base is dominated by Gen-Z in the United States, many millennials have adopted it in every single place the arena.
And, even supposing it would in reality really feel like TikTok could be very huge inside the U.S., the app’s biggest audience in fact comes from China, where the platform is referred to as Douyin.
Here’s a breakdown of TikTok’s number one demographic stats.
- 35% of TikTok’s international audience is between the ages of 19 and 29, and 28% is underneath 18. (Business of Apps)
- As of December 2020, TikTok has 69.5 million per thirty days full of life consumers in the usa. (Statista)
- As of April 2021, 48% of U.S. adults between 18-29 use TikTok, compared to 20% of adults between 30-49 and 14% among 50-64 365 days olds. (Pew Research Center)
- One-quarter of Americans between 12 and 34 have used TikTok compared to 3% of adults aged 35+. (MarketingCharts)
- 51% of globally TikTok consumers are male and 49% are female. (Hootsuite)
- TikTok is now available in more than 200 countries. (Oberlo)
- Over 22.2 million of TikTok’s per thirty days full of life consumers are in Indonesia. (Statista)
TikTok is a fast-paced app. The second you log in, you see a video at the top of a feed this is algorithmically curated spherical your interests. In the event you take pleasure in the video you’re looking at, you’ll be capable of follow, comment, and like the content directly from the video post. If you’re not loving what you see, you’ll be capable of keep swiping in an upward motion to in an instant see further unusual motion pictures.
From my own experience, I’ve came upon that TikTok can merely function you to spend overtime than expected taking a look at an endless flow into of frequently comedic motion pictures. Since the ones motion pictures are normally between 15 seconds and one minute, it makes the app best for those who need speedy recreational on their morning commute or when they’re bored at area.
On account of TikTok’s speedy pace and recreational factor, the stats underneath aren’t that surprising:
- The average client spends 89 minutes in step with day on the app, in step with a leaked deck from TikTok. (Music Business Worldwide)
- As of September 2021, there are 14.43 million daily full of life consumers the usage of the TikTok Android App and the everyday client spends 12.3 hours per month the usage of it. (Statista, HootSuite)
- TikTok is among the most downloaded apps inside the Google Play Store. (Statista)
- Younger consumers aged 4-15 spend a mean of 80 minutes in step with day on the app. (Qustodio)
- In line with a leaked TikTok deck, the everyday client opens the app 19 cases in step with day. (Music Business Worldwide)
- There are 30.8 million international DAU on the TikTok iOS app as of September 2021. (Statista)
- TikTok consumers on Android now spend overtime taking a look at content material subject matter on the app than they do on YouTube. (App Annie)
Viral Tendencies and Influencers on TikTok
Like YouTube, Vine, Instagram, along with other earlier and supply video apps, TikTok has opened doors for influencers, comedians, meme creators, and even some producers. While it’s however just a bit too early to appear how a luck its influencers and trends shall be in the long run, listed below are a few interesting tidbits:
- One of the vital followed creator on TikTok is dancer Charli D’amelio with 123.5 million enthusiasts. Following close in the back of is Khabane Lame with 115 million. (Wikipedia)
- One of the crucial an important earliest branded hashtag challenging eventualities was once Guess’ #InMyDenim challenge. In line with TikTok, motion pictures marked with this hashtag have received a grand total of 38.8 million views. (TikTok)
- Rapper Lil Nas X credit score the nice fortune of his tune “Old-fashioned The city Freeway” to TikTok. The tune was once propelled to #1 on the Billboard Top 100 in 2019 after the artist uploaded it to TikTok. (BuzzFeed News)
Here’s a compilation of TikTok’s #CowboyChallenge where other people wearing usual garments scale back to themselves in cowboy costumes to the tune “Old-fashioned The city Freeway.”
Business, Profits, and Competition
The discharge of TikTok not best put its parent company, ByteDance, on the map, however it moreover ended in festival from apps like Facebook, which presented a very similar app known as Lasso shortly after TikTok went viral. While TikTok and ByteDance are a lot much less transparent about profits and other number one details, here’s what everyone knows:
- TikTok now offers 5 selling tiers aimed at massive producers. Regarded as one in every of which, a branded hashtag drawback, reportedly costs $150,000 in step with day. (TikTok Pitch Deck Notes First Reported thru Digiday)
- TikTok generated an estimated 1.9 billion in profits in 2020. (Business of Apps)
- In October 2020, TikTok made $115 million on in-app purchases from consumers. (Sensor Tower)
- TikTok has a 4.9-star ranking inside the Apple App Store and 4.4 inside the Google Play Store. (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
- Bytedance, TikTok’s parent company is valued at $75 million, making it the sphere’s most beneficial startup. (CBInsights)
The Mysteries of TikTok
Despite the fact that TikTok is a highest social platform and is ramping up its alternatives for advertisers, it’s however slightly new. When a company or startup is new, it isn’t abnormal for control to hide early numbers, even supposing a symbol is a luck. Actually, now we have spotted this with other number one companies like Snapchat and Netflix.
Regardless of the discharge of TikTok For Business in mid 2020, there’s however a lot more to learn as TikTok’s international teams and ByteDance continue to stick hush-hush about number one metrics. Inside the coming years, as TikTok continues to draw in more advertisers, it wouldn’t be surprising if we started to appear further transparent information about the app and its client base.
Where to To search out TikTok Stats
Inside the interim, If you want to be informed further about TikTok, you’ll be capable of be informed up on its short history and early success in this post, or click here to find a how-to guide for the usage of the app. In addition to, you’ll be capable of discover essential TikTok main points app on various internet pages:
Want to see what other corporations are doing on TikTok? Check out this roundup of producers on TikTok.